Monday 28 January 2013

Tuesday 29th January 2013 - revised opening times

Apologies folks, but Proud Lion will closed for two hours mid-afternoon on Tuesday 29th January.

This should be a one-off; normal hours should resume for the rest of the week. Our childcare for Tuesdays and Wednesdays have been struck down with vomiting and diarrhoea. Always a miserable experience. Needless to say we wish their household a speedy recovery! 

I'll be leaving to do the school run at 2pm on Tuesday, with the aim being to re-open by 4pm. My partner will leave her workplace early on Wednesday to cover that day's school run, so Proud Lion shouldn't be affected after Tuesday this week.

So for the next seven days, Proud Lion's opening times are as follows:

TUESDAY: 10:00-14:00, 16:00-17:30
WEDNESDAY: 10:00-18:30
THURSDAY: 12:00-17:30 (late opening for Jan-Feb)
FRIDAY: 10:00-17:30
SATURDAY: 10:00-17:00
SUNDAY: CLOSED
MONDAY: 12:00-14:00 ("Monthly Mondays")

Thank you for your understanding.

After a rather disagreeable encounter last week, I feel I must sadly remind everyone that I am self employed, and as such I don't automatically get a minimum of four weeks holiday per year, any sick pay or benefits such as paternity cover or bereavement leave.

Whilst this is what I signed up for when I decided to open my own business, I remain shocked that a minority of customers take umbrage when the realities of a human life occasionally interfere with our normal opening times.

A small business such as Proud Lion is still going strong in this horrible economic climate - and has been for almost FIVE YEARS now - in part because I haven't rushed to hire staff. I won't take on employees until I feel I can guarantee their livelihoods and mine! So please bear with me when situations like this arise - it is after all just muggins here.


Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment