Wednesday 7 August 2013

The Lion's Share - Villains Month SELLS OUT before release

I've had a fun press release from DC this morning. Some of you will see this news breaking on various other comic sites too:

"DC ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES PUBLISHER SELLOUTS AND ALLOCATIONS ON ALL VILLAINS MONTH 3-D MOTION COVERS.

NEW 2-D COVER EDITIONS OF EACH TITLE TO REACH STORES WITH THE 3-D VERSIONS.

Due to unprecedented demand for the September 3-D motion covers, DC Entertainment announces that orders on the 52 Villains Month issues will be allocated. These issues are now sold out at the publisher level. 

Now, each 3-D motion cover issue will have a Standard Edition with a 2-D cover, priced at $2.99 US. The Standard Editions are scheduled to arrive in stores on the same day as the 3-D editions."

I'm waiting for the exact figures from Diamond UK, which will allow me to evaluate just how affected our orders are and what that entails for our customers. We will be getting some but not all of our orders for the 3D covers for Villains Month. Priority will be given to customers who took advantage of our Complete Set offer. After that 3D supplies will be allocated on a first come, first served basis that will be based on when we received your Villains Month orders back in July.

If anyone would like to swap out their Villain's Month 3D cover orders in favour of these new cheaper 2D covers, please let me know via email ASAP. Feel free to post comments and reactions here, but NO ORDER CHANGES will be accepted here. 

Please accept my apologies for this ridiculous situation. It is completely out of my hands, and I am very disappointed with the way DC has handled this entire promotional event. Should anyone like me to pass on feedback to DC Comics, please email me and indicate in said that you'd like your comments passed to DC.

More news to follow as soon as I get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment